This role provides support to the ILS Manager for delivery of work packages from concept to completion covering a range of ILS and ARM activities supporting the Programme.
The successful candidate should have prior experience delivering ILS solutions and be able to demonstrate knowledge of ILS principles.
- Assist in the development of ILS / Supportability Engineering plans and day to day implementation of processes.
- Completion of the ILS / Supportability Engineering deliverables to known deadlines and schedules.
- Provide detailed Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input to Engineering Community and to the customer.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the ILS Programme.
- Assist in the development of ILS / Engineering solutions to Requests for Change (RFCs) within tight timescales.
- Produce monthly reports for ILS and ARM activity against Statement of Work (SOW).
- Support the ILS Review / Management Boards as appropriate.
- Undertake ILS tasks and analysis in support of project requirements and deliverables.
- Maintain ILS programme schedules.
- Produce ILS Element Plans iaw DEF-STAN 00-600 and the SOW.
- Undertake Supportability Analysis (SA) and produce associated reports.
- Logistic Information Record (LIR) database creation and maintenance.
- Responsibility for Supply Support deliverables including: Spares Modelling, Codification, Technical Publications, Service Reviews and Service Management Working Groups
- Minimum 3 years plus experience in ILS position.
- Engineering Degree in related discipline (experienced ILS Engineers without a degree will also be considered).
- Thorough understanding of SA and knowledge of ARM.
- Understanding and working knowledge of DEF STANS 00-13, 00-40, 00-42, 00-600, 05-95 and equivalent Military Standards and Handbooks.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible working habits.
- Holds SC clearance, or ability to achieve it.
- Experience of working with / for the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Access and Excel skills.