Transceiver Deployment Manager
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Transceiver Deployment Manager
Reporting to the Engineering Support Manager, your primary role is to lead all aspects of the Transceiver rollout projects with customers and In-Country Partner’s installation teams to help and guide them in the successful installation and commissioning of AIS Transceiver products. Installations will be across multiple ports/locations and provide a service covering an entire country. You will be based in UK but expected to travel globally, often for extended periods and at short notice.
AIS Transceiver installations onto Fishing and Coast Guard vessels forms a large part of all global projects, where they are integrated into the installed systems. The Transceiver installations are part of the scope of work of In-Country Partners, so this role is to liaise
closely with those organisations to provide them with the means and training to complete the installations successfully.
- Installing and configuring Maritime Domain Awareness Systems at customer sites.
- Working on site with the In-Country Partner’s local engineers to install and commission AIS Transceivers.
- Working with internal stakeholders on the design and integration of all technology-based solutions used within the end to end transceiver processes for the Transceiver rollouts.
- Collaborating with partners and 3rd party engineers on projects.
- Creation and regular updates to the Transceiver install end to end process.
- Creating and managing all processes related to the installation of vessel Transceivers.
- Training the In-Country Partners and 3rd partner companies on the installation, commissioning, set to work and documentation aspects of the process.
- Performing customer training on Maritime Domain Awareness Systems.
- Quickly become the go-to person for all aspects of the transceiver programme and all aspects thereof.
- Extensive travel to customer sites.
- Support the engineering team on an ad-hoc basis, when workload allows.
- Demonstrative background in Engineering and Project Management or Project Coordination roles where a detailed technical background was needed and organisation skills together with coaching and mentoring of third parties was part of the role.
- Background in product engineering or at least can demonstrate the ability to deep-dive into technical products to understand how they work and how they should be integrated with other technical products.
- Previous experience in performing training and creating course outlines and course material would be of benefit.
- Experience of installing and configuring communication networks.
- Experience of working on IT/Networks.
- Ability to work on site with customers at ‘shop floor’ level, assisting with installation, configuration and providing on-site support as required.
- Willingness to travel anywhere in the world for extended periods.
- Will have attention to detail combined with the ability to apply common sense.
- Reliable, energetic and prepared to meet a challenge, working outside usual comfort zone.
- Able to think outside the box when it comes to resolving issues.
- Accomplished in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.