We are looking for an experienced System Engineer to be a part of a successful delivery team for a global leader in maritime domain awareness technologies, products and systems.
This role provides a high level of responsibility, being the go to person for technical leadership on infrastructure implementation within the Delivery team and acting as a technical lead for design and implementation projects.
- Working between the Systems Architecture Team (who create the High Level Architecture for the company and also create the project specific Low Level Designs) and the installation teams, setting infrastructure technical direction, documenting deviations to low level designs based on In-Country limiting factors and then liaising and agreeing changes with the Systems team to account for any project specific limiting factors (room size, network limitation, link performance limitations etc).
- Assessing effort, risk, costs, and complexity for said solutions.
- Consider security, performance, cost and other business (non-functional) requirements as part of all infrastructure.
- Pro-actively engage the wider organisation and Vendor teams (e.g. equipment partners), driving the timely resolution of technical gaps and issues to keep projects on track. The role will be used as an escalation point for any issues encountered with the 3rd parties from an infrastructure technical perspective.
Skills, Experiences and Qualities
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering or similar discipline and 4+ years of experience in mixed software engineering and IT projects. • Broad understanding of how company infrastructure
- Good low-level technical knowledge of network architecture and how systems can be configured across various topologies and technologies.
- Good experience of disaster recovery failover and system replication from hardware and software perspective
- Good background in the subject matter and a wealth of experience applicable to the solution areas.
- Proven track record of technical oversight including vendor solutions.
- Assessing effort, risk, costs and complexity for solutions. • Good communication skills that relates the IT and business functions.
- Excellent understanding and experience of hardware infrastructure implementation and low-level working principles.
- Ability to provide expertise and practical assistance in the investigation, evaluation and interpretation of data in order to ensure its coherence, availability, accuracy and security.
- Ability to assess COTS applications and oversee the implementation of associated tools and products.
- Understanding of support solutions for technical systems equipment