Principal RF Systems Engineer
Are you an ambitious individual with and RF product/Systems Engineering background, are you now looking for your next step in career development?
This exciting role will play an important position within a large global Aerospace & Defence company, you will be engaged in a wide variety of Systems Engineering activities covering the entire engineering lifecycle, including; systems definition, input to estimates and bid activities, requirements apportionment, systems architecting, integration, verification & validation
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As and when required fulfil the role of a Design Authority for product/system through adherence to Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes and design reviews.
- Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, risks, actions & opportunities for audit purposes or general good practice.
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions, including software/firmware interface.
- Design and development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation.
- Capture of design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production.
- Provide technical input into customer deliverable technical reports and bids for RF products/systems.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Expertise in one or more of the following; Receivers, Transmitters, PA, EMC
- Ability to operate at all levels, from board level design to system validation and Qualification.
- Experience of engineering lifecycle, in design and development of RF products/systems.
- Functional analysis and Specification development for software/firmware controlled RF-products/systems.
- The ability to lead and work with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers.
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with broadband Transceiver modules and SoCs, broadband amplifiers, their implementation and integration into SDR platforms operating 20MHz to 6GHz and above.
- Qualified to Graduate level in Communications/Electronics Engineering with minimum of 5 years of experience in RF Design.
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management.
- Previous experience working with telecommunication (2G/3G/4G) Air-Interface specification.
- Previous experience with electronics assembly and testing, inclusive of RF systems under software control
- Knowledge of military and international specifications and standards for EMC, Environmental and safety, applicable to body-worn and vehicle ins