Are you an electronics enthusiast with a passion for music? Are you looking for the satisfaction of working on products that are found across the world being used by some of the best musicians out there?
I am now working in partnership with the small audio company who are looking for an ambitious and talented DSP Engineer to join a mixed engineering team. Working within a challenging industry you will be required to think outside the box and bring innovative ideas to the table.
Role and Responsibilities.
Your role will encompass responsibility for DSP algorithm development, implementation and optimisation.
This includes both high-level modelling (MATLAB, C/C++, VST plug-ins) and assembler level optimisation on the target platforms.
For this role you do not necessarily need to have a musical/instrument playing background however an interest in what they are doing and trying to achieve is essential.
- Strong Embedded C programming skills.
- C++ (OOP) programming skills.
- DSP development for embedded hardware.
- Solid understanding of fundamental DSP theory.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Knowledge in audio signal processing.
- Guitar player (beginner or expert)
It would be also beneficial to be skilled, though not essential :
- Commercial exposure as an audio DSP Engineer.
- SHARC DSP knowledge
- JUCE or similar for creating software GUIs
- Microcontroller exposure (preferably on ARM Cortex M/Cortex A)
- Understanding of testing audio algorithms and audio processing blocks
- Relocation Package
- 25 Days Holidays
- Pension Scheme
A company that works designs and manufactures high quality guitar amplifiers and associated accessories.
If you are at the top of your field, bored with limitations or frustrated by endless bureaucracy, and are keen to be part of something special, this offers an intriguing alternative for you to seriously consider.
FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW…
Email your up to date CV to m a r t i n . b y r n e @ r t r s . c o . u k or call 0 1 1 6 4 6 4 6 9 7 1