Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Woking – Circa £55,000 to £65,000
My client is committed to an ambitious growth plan and values software engineering as a critical capability for future product expansion and is growing the software team accordingly to accommodate a growing number of research and development opportunities developing mechatronic sensor positioning solutions.
The successful candidate will join the software team responsible for the delivery of innovative research, new products, custom solutions and support to the production team for embedded platforms for precision positioning systems.
• Development of new products to expand and diversify the existing portfolio
• Research, development and implementation of sensor and control algorithms within OEM drives
• Definition of interfaces and integration with third party subsystems
• Design of test software for production functional test and system configuration
• Documentation and design of development kits for customer integration support
• Technical, interpersonal and project leadership within the broader team
Qualifications, Education, Personal attributes and Previous Experience Required
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and likely to have achieved an MSc (or similar) in a related area.
• At least 3 years of experience of embedded programming utilising multiple peripherals.
• Experience working hands-on with electronic and mechanical assemblies.
• Good working knowledge of C and highly competent in mathematical techniques.
• Good working knowledge of object-oriented programming (Python and C++ or similar).
• Experience of working with configuration control systems and release processes.
• Experience in Agile working practices.
• Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
• Experience across the full software development lifecycle
• Experience of operating in ISO 9001 environments and to industry specific standards.
• Excellent communications skills and fluency in English – both spoken and written.
• Able to operate at all times in accordance with Overview’s company values and behaviours.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org