BMS Field Engineer
Position – BMS Field Engineer
Type – Contract
Location – London Regions Zone’s 1-4
Rate – Circa £38.00 per hour PAYE (Negotiable DOE)
Duration – 3 Months + renewable contract
Hours – Typically 40 hours per week
Industry – General Building Services Engineering
Title – Field Engineer
The Engineer will be responsible for onsite delivery of all aspects of contract obligations including;
• Routine Service duties
• Project engineering, Design & commissioning
• Condition based & PPM maintenance
• System improvements
• Fault finding and system analysis
• Documentation & administration
• Call out response
• Small works quotes
• Energy advice
• Customer liaison
Purpose of the role
• Undertake Trend BMS maintenance support at customer sites, analyse & resolve engineering problems and carry out the site service requirements.
• Undertake Trend BMS design and commissioning for small works and large projects.
• Represent Trend by providing excellent customer service and high quality engineering support.
• Respond to customer requests for support or advice ensuring effective resolution of customer requirements or referring as appropriate.
• Develop, maintain and improve relationships with the customer by providing expert advice and acting as a specialist resource.
• To work within a team of engineers to maintain and improve, productivity and efficiency whilst developing in a stable team based environment
• To seek and action all commercial opportunities through the issue of Small Works quotes
Key Result areas:
• Engineering solutions
• Fault finding and problem solving ability
• Low customer service/maintenance backlog and due visits
• Efficient & Effective On Demand, call out /Commissioning resource activity
• Commercial aptitude for customer development
• Excellent customer satisfaction feedback
• Highly technically competent engineer
• Organised and reliable with professional outlook
• Willing to take ownership of customer relationships
• Committed to resolving of customer queries, concerns & problems
• Able to work mobile and out of hours when required
• Confident communication skills
• Trend experience and qualifications are required, Tridium experience is also desirable.
• Displays an in depth understanding of electrical control panels (i.e. the ability to read wiring diagrams and carry out minor modifications if required).
• Electrical knowledge to a competent standard (ideally City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent)
• Can demonstrate a level of understanding of typical HVAC & mechanical plant operations (i.e. an understanding of VT & CT circuits, AHU’s etc).
• Experience of and competent understanding of HVAC systems.
• Experience of pre-commissioning of controls (i.e. point to point checks.)
• Capable and competent to design, configure & fault find on high-level network topologies (i.e. LON, TCPIP, fibre optic networks, RS485 etc.)
• Capable of designing, configuring communications and fault finding third party equipment devices with Trend products (Metering, Chillers BACnet & MODBUS etc)
• Confident with IT systems, network architecture and software programming.
Roles based in London areas – travel will be in and around London region zones 1-4
Start date – ASAP
Length – 3 months initially, likely to extend. There could also be the potential for a temp-perm opportunity
A drug screening will be required on all successful candidates.