C/C++ Software Engineer – Defence / Wireless Communications – Reading
My client are a market leading wireless communications company, notably in mission critical Software Defined Radio (SDR) and Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking (MANET) for the defence industry.
Seeking Software Engineers at the junior and senior level to join our specialist waveform engineering team in our R&D facility in central Reading, United Kingdom. You will be joining the team at the beginning of a three-year project to develop novel tactical and mobile ad-hoc networking (MANET) radio products – including specifying, designing and implementing advanced SDR wireless protocol stacks – alongside specialists in this field.
Relevant skills required:
• Development of software in C, C++.
• Development of software for time critical (real-time) systems.
• Scripting languages such as Perl, TCL and Python.
• Software development on Windows platforms.
• For the Senior Role: an understanding of wireless system design, wireless protocol stacks, ad-hoc or mesh networking, radio transceiver architecture and voice cryptography. (Desirable for the Junior Role.)
• For the Senior Role: the ability to communicate software design using formal methods such as SDL/UML or equivalent. (Desirable for the Junior Role.)
• For the Senior Role: exposure to the full software development life cycle, from requirements specification through to implement and test. (Desirable for the Junior Role.)
Highly competitive salaries are offered depending on qualifications and experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and once hired the successful applicant may be required to obtain UK security clearance.
To apply please contact George Eaton