Commercial Support Officer
Position – Commercial Support Officer
Type – Contract
Location – Remote Working – Devonport / Plymouth
Rate – £17.36 per hour PAYE
Duration – 6 Months +
Hours – Typically 36 hours per week
Start Date – ASAP ?
– To assist and maintain the commercial point of contact to the Customer(s) together with the provision of commercial representation at Customer progress meetings.
– To provide support to the Senior Commercial Officers and QS’s in general commercial support, logging of data, provision of records and dealing with contract administrative tasks.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
-Assist in acting as a point of contact with regard to contractual and commercial issues for both the Company project teams and the Customer.
-Implement tendering/contracting policies and procedures in support of the submission of Subcontract tenders, tasking forms, and Contract Amendments.
-Review received Invitations to Tender, subsequently assist with commercial evaluation and bid management against corporate contracting policy and preparation of evaluation reports, which include commercial and technical evaluations and assist in recommendations for bid/no-bid management approval.
-Assist in preparing draft contracts and commercial elements of tender submissions.
-Negotiate Subcontract agreements and sign within financial levels of authority.
-Assist in the negotiation and resolution of claims both for and against the Company, within financial levels of authority.
-Advise Project Managers/Staff with regard to commercial issues.
-Assist in monitoring Sub Contract performance against contractual obligations.
-Propose improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes.
-Provide management information as required.
-Undertake contractual administration.
-Support procurement and supply chain activity.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
– Academic: Education of HNC standard, preferably in Engineering or Business Studies or a legal/CIPS/IACCM qualification.
– Nuclear: No nuclear obligations.
– Local: A reasonable understanding of Ministry of Defence and commercial based contractual Terms and Conditions
– Good planning, organisational and administration skills Ability to work on own initiative
– Computer Literate
– General Contracting knowledge NEC 4 Experience desirable
– Logical and organised approach required
– Other Good communication and negotiation skills Chairmanship of meetings
– Ability to source information from project staff
A small amount of site attendance will be required for share holder meeting etc, otherwise WFH