Sales – Scientific Measurement Instruments
World leading specialty measurement company is seeking an Area Sales Specialist to support the very successful growth. You will be responsible for direct sales of world-class analytical instruments. You will be required to travel across the assigned region which includes Home Counties, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, East Midlands and others.
- Direct the sales of specialised measurement instruments – covering a portfolio of thermal analysis, rheology, microcalorimetry, and thermophysical systems to R&D labs, QC labs, academia and industrial sectors within the assigned territory.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and training.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate differentiating accounts.
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding territory sales representative for follow-up.
- Work closely with Sales Representatives, Inside Sales team, and Regional Applications staff to discuss leads and research strategies on a weekly basis.
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing related activities and represent company products and services.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
- Maintain customer information and in timely a fashion in the CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other technical field.
- 2+ years’ experience in capital equipment sales is essential.
- Prior experience with thermal, rheology, microcalorimetry, or thermophysical properties is highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage long term complex sales cycles
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically including an effective telephone presence and professional email correspondence.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good time and territory management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel 30%+ of the time