• Provide commercial management of relevant contracts addressing all associated commercial matters in accordance with best practice methodology,
• Provide commercial expertise and guidance to project staff and other project commercial staff,
• Undertake internal compliance, liaising with the relevant Head of Commercial and customers as required.
• Provide Commercial lead and guidance to contracts/project(s)/bids as required and set the overall direction the Commercial staff.
• Work with the Head of Commercial and relevant project/contract/bid teams to develop and drive a risk based commercial strategy.
• Participate as a key project member Team to drive performance,
• Develop key external commercial customer relationships,
• Act as ‘champion’ for the communication and embedding commercial guidance and expertise, initiatives, policies and procedures across the relevant project teams,
• Act as a role model, consultant and ‘commercial’ coach to the project teams to ensure consistency of approach in commercial awareness, and developing and maintaining positive relationships,
• Act as an escalation point within the relevant project for high risk, complex commercial issues,
• Support the budget management process by providing input into project reporting for the business’ and commercial P&L,
• Raise key commercial issues with higher management through both line management and functional management lines,
• Accountable for:
o Provision of robust commercial management and commercial input into the delivery strategy to meet performance targets,
o Input to commercial policy, programmes, projects, methodologies and solutions in support of relevant projects ensuring consistency of approach ,
o Execution of commercial policy, programmes and projects across the relevant projects,
o Delivery of high quality bid Gate documentation and commercial aspects of relevant bids ensuring balance of protect the business and growing the business through risk based commercial contribution.
o Ensuring compliance with the commercial governance requirements, commercial innovation in bids and contracts
o Influencing positive employee relations within the project commercial function, to maintain and improve business output requirements and deliver increased employee engagement,
o The provision of timely and accurate commercial management information, as required, in support of bid/no bid decisions and bidding where relevant.
• Significant commercial experience, demonstrating proven track record in delivering on accountabilities, and more specifically on driving the commercial agenda
• Proven track record of delivering significant contribution to project commercial strategy, and to delivering robust commercial management on large and complex contracts and bids,
• Proven success in commercially managing large-scale projects and complex change initiatives using appropriate methodologies,
• Experience in providing commercial specialist input into bids and contracts,
• Demonstrable evidence of developing and sustaining positive working relationships including the ability to negotiate and to influence customer commercial strategy.
• People management experience and commercial consultancy expertise.
• Excellent NEC3/4 skills
• Evidence of cross-Business Unit networking, delivering speedy and proactive commercial advice and knowledge sharing,
• Experience in developing commercial and line management capability,
Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified
• Preferably educated to degree level with Law degree or Quantity Surveyor qualification, or equivalent relevant experience.
Willingness to travel in the UK (varies based on activities and clients)