Mechanical Substantiation Engineer
Project Title Plant Facing Design Office – HALES Mechanical Substantiation.
Job Description / Role
• Lifting Equipment
• Pipework and associated components
Degree in relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years design delivery experience OR
other qualification such as HNC or HND, with 5-8 years design delivery experience.
2. Significant experience in providing fit-for-purpose mechanical design substantiation ideally on Sellafield facilities.
3. A key aspect of this role is the ability to quickly self-deliver pragmatic fit-for-purpose, concise substantiation documentation working from a brief scope definition with minimal supervision
4. There will be a need to liaise with SL System Engineering personnel based at Sellafield and Design Capability Subject Matter Experts in undertaking the substantiation work.
5. Familiarity and experience of working and complying with applicable SL Practices, standards, and engineering guides.
6. Familiarity with safety case principles. Capable of providing design substantiation for equipment with designated nuclear safety functions to demonstrate that existing legacy equipment can meet the required safety function placed on it to the appropriate safety function class. Identifying shortfalls and potential ALARP solutions where applicable.
7. Ability to navigate existing substantiation and inspection reports where available to identify and extract relevant information that can be used to support the substantiation argument and evidence.
Security Clearance P1 or P4 passholder
SC preferred but BPSS is acceptable
Design Tools /Software SL IT account holder preferred. SL IT will be essential in performing this role.
CIMAGE, Safety Case indexes, Icepac