Position – Product Engineer
Type – Contract
Location – Basildon, Essex / Remote working
Rate – £33.54 per hour PAYE
Duration – 6 Months +
Hours – Typically 37.5 hours per week
Start Date – ASAP ?
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
Our client are a leading manufacturer of wiring device products used in both residential and commercial buildings. The Technical department are responsible for delivering new products to the market and maintaining and supporting existing products ensuring they are maintained to the latest standards and are seeking an experienced Product Engineer to own and develop our product lines.
To create product test programs to achieve product certification and Declaration of Conformity.
• Ideally, experienced with aspects of Wiring device, and Circuit Protection products, from requirements definition, particularly with understanding customer needs and interfacing with Offering Management teams to deliver the total solution.
• Experienced in delivering cost sensitive designs to tight timescales, value engineering and achieving optimum cost by function for high volume products.
• Work with 3rd parties and selected partners to deliver products, this includes knowledge of Product standards and certification requirements for different regions.
• Provide technical support where required on customer issues, understanding customer needs and requirements to provide relevant solutions
• Work collaboratively in a cross-functional design team that consist of mechanical engineers, product managers, and manufacturing experts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Relevant degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering Experience:
• At least 2 years’ experience of working in a product development/system environment with a structured product development process.
• Has worked with Test houses, part/component sub-contractors, manufacturers, or in-house manufacturing factories, having an overview of procurement, auditing, testing from development.
• Experience in working in a regulated environment, and/ or safety critical devices carrying mains electricity or other high power devices Skills:
• Conducts detailed design/performance reviews to identify and eliminate issues during the development process, using techniques such as FMEA, specifications, compliance to standards.
• Understanding of systems engineering and how to successfully integrate products
• Electrical Design
• Quality – Auditing, Supplier assessment and Inspection methodology Electronic Design
• Mechanical Design
• Manufacturing Processes – eg Moulding, Plating, Metals press and assembly.
• Material selection.
• FMEA – process and product
• Product Testing / BS Standards General Skills:
• A proactive, data driven, self motivated Engineer, with excellent communication skills