Lead Safety Engineer (L&N)
Safety Engineers! Have you got some experience under your belt and are now looking for the next step in your Career development?
We have an exciting opportunity on behalf of a world leading Defence and Aerospace technology company. The individual will provide assurance that products comply with Safety, Environmental and Legislative requirements, primarily within the land, naval and airborne domains.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Chief Engineer Design Integrity this safety specialist will:
- Be the Independent Safety, Environmental and Legislative assessor to provide
– Assurance that Product Plans will achieve contractual and company requirements;
– Assurance that requirements have been adequately defined for product development;
– Assurance that claims, arguments and evidence for products are robust.
- Operate as the Safety signatory on behalf of the company
- Participate in Product Safety Panels as a specialist advisor to manage and resolve safety incidents;
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of safety and environmental legislation and customer needs;
- Participate in company working groups to monitor proposed changes to the legislative environment;
- As a practitioner, provide input and advice to the product development teams;
- Operate as a consultant to promote safety culture within Safety, Health and Environmental teams to ensure safe working practices are maintained;
- Develop and deliver training courses and speak with confidence on Product Safety and Environmental matters;
- Perform safety audits of internal and external/subcontract teams assuring that safety and environmental requirements are achieved.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Working knowledge of Legislation – eg REACH, RoHS and EU directives;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as DEF STAN 00-056, 00-055, 00-051;
- Familiarity with POSMS and POEMS
- Regularly delivered training within a Company and delivered awareness presentations to other groups. Has worked with others to identify the future Product Safety and Environmental needs of a Company;
- Awareness of cyber and its affect on safety;
- Has hands-on experience of developing robust safety and environmental impact case reports for complex systems in accordance with customer, regulatory and legislative expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
- UK citizenship
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas