International Trade Compliance Official
Are you an International Trade Expert looking for the next step in your career?
We have an opening for an International Trade Compliance Official to work within a dynamic global defence security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions worldwide. This position assumes responsibility for all aspects of international trade including the production of Import / Export / Domestic compliant documentation, On Site trade compliance training and our interface with the wider UK and international Global Trade Management Team.
We are looking for someone with experience or an understanding in the controlled import and export of material and technology and the ability to gain SC Clearance.
- Obtaining UK export licence’s through registration or application and ensuring necessary compliance protocols
- Manage UK licenses and US authorisations usage and validity to ensure continued deliveries by the Chester business
- Familiarity with the Department for International Trade (DIT) organization
- User knowledge of SPIRE, the Export Control Organisation’s online export licensing system
- User knowledge in the production of Import Clearance instructions that meet HMR&C compliance requirements
- User knowledge in checking the SAD C88 and the Import Entry Acceptance Advice DTI-E2 for compliance
- Signature and approver for all Imports and Exports, tangible and intangible
- Member of the UK Tiger Team for review and update of UK ITC Command Media
- International Travel process control and approval
- Maintain and update domestic and international spread sheets of all UK export licences, US export authorisations and additional regulatory information
- User knowledge in the production of an Export Packing Note / Shipping Invoice that meets the applicable licence requirements
- User knowledge in checking the SAD Export Declaration and the Customs Entry Advice for compliance
- Process export, import and UK Customs transactions and associated ITC requirements
- Responsible for generating all shipping invoices and coordinating movements in/out of the UK with the designated freight forwarder/customs broker
- Responsible for generating all UK domestic shipping documentation, arranging shipping and coordinating movements
- Conduct visitor and supplier Denied Party Screening (DPS) transactions and support the review of potential questions where required
- Process and maintain DPS records for all current and new suppliers of NGUKL Chester
- Responsible for maintaining local export and import communication and compliance records for the Chester UK exports and imports
- Lead HMRC and Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) audits of the NGUKL Chester facility
- Provide NGUKL Chester employees with international trade training
- Incorporate and integrate standards and processes to implement global export/import Command Media, any additional local country export/ import procedures and any relevant regional or local country ITC corporate topical manuals.
- Escalate for guidance/ instruction, any matter involving interpretation of regional and U.S. laws and regulations governing international trade activities to the NGUKL Regional Trade Compliance Official (RTCO).
- Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.