Drawing Checker | 6-Month Contract | Inside-IR35
Role: Drawing Checker
Rate: £40 Umbrella
Essential Skills: BPSS (basic clearance) or eligibility to gain / Engineering Design Experience (Defence, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Aerospace) / GD & T / 2D & 3D CAD Skills (NX preferred package)
A marine client of mine are looking for a Drawing Checker to join them on a 6-month contract basis at their site in Bristol.
This role will involve:
- Checking/Approval of In Service Support drawings for UK and Canadian Weapons Handling & Discharge Systems and Submerged Signal Ejectors updated for obsolescence, upgrades and amendments
- Extensive experience of checking and approving drawings in high integrity systems (defence, oil and gas, nuclear, aerospace etc).
- Broad, engineering design knowledge.
- Good understanding of current Defence Standards.
- Good understanding of Engineering Drawing configuration control.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient at 2D and 3D CAD, NX preferred.
- Previous experience of checking of First Level/QCA equipment (enhanced quality requirements).
- Experience of Teamcenter document management system or similar.
- Direct experience with UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
- Knowledge of MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control.