Embedded / Firmware Engineer – Audio – Salisbury / Part Remote
My client is on the hunt for a number of talented Embedded / Firmware Software Engineer with skills developing in C for electronics products. You’ll be joining a well-established pro audio business with an outstanding reputation for high-end HI-FI. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team comprised of analogue and digital electronics experts, as well as software developers from bare-metal to application layer.
This role in particular will involve working in a real-time OS environment, developing in C for ARM based processors, board bring-up, and debugging. You’ll need a team-work mindset as the team work collaboratively on projects.
My client are aware of the benefits working from home presents to candidates, and as such are happy to allow up to 50% remote working around project requirements.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the Software Development Team, Electronic Engineering Team and R&D Test Team to create world-class audio products.
- Develop embedded software written mainly in C and sometimes C++.
- Work with existing products to fix issues and add new functionality.
- Produce clear, documented code and engage in peer code review.
- Working with the Electronics design team, write firmware to assist hardware bring-up and debugging of new designs.
- Provide software support for the transition of products from R&D to mass production.
- C embedded programming skills, preferable on ARM processors
- Familiarity with electronics debugging tools and techniques
- Knowledge of designing, implementing and debugging low-level drivers
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of operating systems, particularly Linux and FreeRTOS
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools i.e. Jenkins/AWS
- Knowledge of networking technologies, and audio streaming principles