Principal FPGA Verification Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to develop your career within a world-class Defence technology company, working as part of a large firmware team focused on delivering multiple FPGA designs for cutting edge radars.
**Note, that due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to be able to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.**
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As Principal Firmware Verification Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Development of firmware verification plans and supporting documentation;
- Design and implementation of test benches and supporting verification IP.
- Identifying common test components that can be used across multiple designs.
- Mentoring and coaching of more junior team members.
- Ensuring that test benches follow the company firmware process.
You will ideally have experience in the following areas;
- Proficient in SystemVerilog / UVM.
- Developing verification plans from requirements.
- Coverage-driven constrained random test environments.
- Working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar.
- Debugging complex test benches and firmware designs.
- Exposure to Model Driven Engineering and its inclusion in constrained random test benches.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different disciplines both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team including engineers from other disciplines.
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including Questa and Verification Run Manager. HDL Designer is an advantage.
- First or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics).