Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer leads the delivery of expert software engineering input to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives and provide coaching of less experienced software engineer team members.
1. Delivery of health, safety, quality, environmental and security accountabilities through personal example and holding others accountable.
2. To provide specialist technical expertise and leadership to the delivery of services, tasks and projects.
3. Project management and / or leadership of services, tasks and single discipline projects in line with agreed scope, costs and appropriate quality standards and legislation.
4. Business winning including managing customer relationships, developing opportunities and estimates, solution and proposal preparation.
5. Produce, review, verify and approve outputs including: calculations, analysis results, reports, specifications and method statements
6. Ensure that adequate review, verification and approval is undertaken on all their deliverables and for those under their direct control and supervision.
7. Ensuring a consistent technical approach, reflecting best practice, is taken in support of radiometric challenges across the full range of projects.
8. Co-ordinate and prioritise inputs to different projects (personal time/contribution).
9. Plan, deliver and monitor tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and costs.
10. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
11. Promote effective contribution across teams.
12. Lead the capture and report learning from experience during and post task delivery.
13. Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities, including ensuring that version and configuration control is maintained.
14. Lead or support the technical development and / or mentoring of team members.
15. Support Cavendish Nuclear promotion activities by preparing and delivering presentations, build and maintain academic links, attend and review conferences & generate and present technical papers. Use knowledge to identify opportunities and new work streams.
16. Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision.
17. Maintain knowledge of industry best practice, promote a culture of best practice, and provide leadership to driving culture development and change.
18. Identify and champion new tools and techniques for use by the team.
19. Leading Self: Is a role model, demonstrating Cavendish principles, promoting health, safety and wellbeing, respect and inclusion
Cavendish Nuclear ROLE PROFILE
Page 2 of 2
20. Leading Others: Owns the performance and development of their team members, including effective and ongoing communication and feedback
21. Leading Resources: Responsible for effective planning and organisation of resources to deliver on customer promises
? Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical discipline
? Experience leading and delivering complex technical solutions across a range of services applications for a range of nuclear sector customers
? Recognised as an expert by the company, peers and external customers in applying expertise to software engineering tasks and projects.
? Experience in managing software engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified (*N.B. only qualifications essential to the requirements of the role need to be checked)
Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical discipline
Refer to Group Capability Framework: Team Members OR (if role requires line management responsibilities) First Line Leader/Professional Specialist
More detailed required skills as below:
Object oriented design
• Ideally with experience of using Sparx Enterprise Architect CASE tool
• Familiarity with design patterns, tiered architectures, UML
• C#, .NET and .NET Core
• ASP.NET, MVC, ASP.Net Core
• Visual C++, COM, MFC
• SQL and MS SQL Server, Reporting Services – some Oracle familiarity would be nice to have too
• Unit test frameworks for the languages/environments above
• Coverage tool familiarity
• Familiar with formal version management systems
• Ideally with experience with Git version control tool