Mechanical / Electrical Engineer
Must qualify for SC
rate £35 – £45 UMB LTD
£26.60 – £34.07 PAYE
3 x Mechanical
3 x Electrical
Overall Department Direction
A significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future MOD ship and submarine programmes. The ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit has been established to focus on the large-scale facility developments needed. In addition to key docking and berthing Primary facilities, there are also a number of secondary facilities that are essential to the future success of the site.
The Engineering team are seeking Senior Engineers to join the Secondary Facilities Design Team.
Main Purpose of Role
The Senior Engineer will support the Design Manager and Project Manager to scope and deliver Systems Engineering work packages across a wide variety of Secondary Facilities. You will be responsible for:
• researching and undertaking technical reviews of existing systems and making recommendations on enhancements.
• leading and managing one or more technical design packages, agreeing project / technical related objectives and managing designer performance
• interfacing with the various MIP design teams to provide facilities, services, systems and also infrastructure supporting their facilities from the site wide systems
• supporting development of the published User Requirements by translating them into candidate System Requirements for the Start Up phase (and beyond) of the projects. This will inform the manageable work package for outsourced design teams.
• planning for effective project implementation and ensuring that design documentation covers the required scope of operations and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The Senior Engineer must be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle in a systems engineering environment
• Experience of the design support to construction and operation of conventional and preferably, nuclear facilities
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice and ability to advise/supervise sub-contracted design house support
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
In with the TORR’s and banding of the role. The candidate will be degree qualified in an engineering discipline and
registered as, or working towards, Chartered Engineer status.