Senior Project Engineer
Must qualify for SC
Rate £35 – £45 UMB LTD
£26.60 – £34.07 PAYE
Overall Department Direction
In order to deliver the MOD’s submarine programme over the next 40 years, a significant programme of infrastructure investment will be required on the Devonport site. A new ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit is in development to drive the development of Devonport’s Infrastructure to support the future needs of our customers.
The MIP Business Unit is an enduring capability and there will be a wide range of further infrastructure projects to come.
Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the PMO Officer Intermediate is to Lead on project controls support across schedule management, budgeting & cost control, risk & opportunity management, change management and document management. This will also include the likes of the following;
• Drafting and Authorship of key project documents such as Statements of Requirements, Work Breakdown Structures and Scopes of Work.
• Support the development and implementation of (and maintain) the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
• Provide support to develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
• Support the development of/and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
• Implementation of change management processes on the project and provide assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements.
• Provision of weekly and monthly performance reports and associated analysis/narrative.
• Assist in the management of sub-projects/key project issues
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
• Substantial recent and relevant experience in a similar environment/business sector
• Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT)
• Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g.
Civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services, construction management and/or building demolition preferably within a marine led environment.
• Proven experience working in teams and large scale infrastructure projects.
• Have at least 3 years’ experience applying project controls
• Have or be working towards a professional qualification (e.g. APM)
Preferentially, the candidate will have a minimum of an HND in an engineering.