Principal Software Engineer (C, C++, C#)
Calling all experienced Software Engineers!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to aid the overall lifecycle process within a world-class Defence and Aerospace company.
You will be involved in all aspects of the Software Engineering lifecycle and be able to support technical activities on current programmes as well as providing support to develop concepts, software architectures and designs – taking these forward to implementation, integration, test and evaluation and ultimately supporting in-service systems.
You will be working on projects associated with both internally funded products as well as products directly deliverable to key customers within short timescales. You would be joining a dedicated team with a full and stretching workload – with huge potential for personal development and growth, This is an amazing opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Good interpersonal skills and behaviours
- Thorough understanding of embedded software development.
- RTOS (VxWorks)
- Bare Metal
- Familiarity with software development via model-driven engineering, including practical knowledge of auto-coding from Rhapsody (C++) and/or Matlab and Simulink (C).
- Proven capability in developing successful software solutions using a range of languages and toolset.
- Essential: C / C++ / C#, Matlab/Simulink (as basis of model-driven autocode).
- Familiar: Python, Nengo, Java
- Ethernet TCP/IP communications.
- Inherent interest in exploring and developing new software techniques, whilst maintaining a balanced approach as to what to take forward into product development at higher maturity.
- Familiarity Safety-critical software development.
- Proven practitioner with standard Microsoft Office tools
The following is desirable:
- Generic Vehicle Architectures (GVA/DDS).
- Configuration control using Dimensions and Teamcenter.
- Virtualisation – creation and use.