To design, setup and develop production lines / processes utilising lean principles to optimise cell productivity.
II. Principal Responsibilities
1. Review existing production Cells and implement changes to improve labour utilisation.
2. Provide support to the manufacturing Cells and drive continuous improvement through RCA.
3. Provide solutions / improvements to address HSE issues
4. Provide technical / Process support to Engineering Technicians in support of RCA.
5. To ensure that all new or modified processes, equipment and materials are introduced and used in accordance with UK Health and Safety
6. To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
7. To assist the Technician team in determining the correct TPM activities and schedules.
8. Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
9. Be a key driver in our safety first culture
10. Procure new or enhance existing equipment, through either in house modifications or third party. Via local approval or Capital approval requests.
• HSE Leader
• Various – Manufacturing Engineers
IV. Supervisory Responsibilities
Portsmouth – Travel required for training / supplier visits only
• Labour usage to produce sensors
• HSE action rail
• Kaizen idea action rail
• Project delivery plans
I. Education Required (academic and/or technical education)
• Literacy and Numeracy.
• A broad range of qualifications or experience may be acceptable, however it is envisaged that a minimum of HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline, preferably in Mechanical and Production Engineering, or recognised time served apprenticeship
• Six Sigma Green Belt qualification (or practical application) is desirable.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering related support or suitable discipline.
• Experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be essential, and a proven working knowledge of assembly automation including PLC’s is desirable
• Previous experience of managing reporting staff is desirable.
• Proven Experience in managing projects is essential
III. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position)
• Hands on practical Engineering skills
• Demonstrable RCA problem solving skills.
• Can do attitude
• Essential to be a team player.
• Ability to gain assistance from fellow employees
• Organisational skills required.
• Open minded / flexible / adaptable.
• Good timekeeper / reliable.
• Proactive in HSE
Pay rate £30 – £35 per hour PAYE