Capability Manager – EW Sensors
We are looking for an experienced individual to provide technical leadership to the business in the area of Radio Frequency (RF) Electronic Warfare (EW) Sensors. Working within the EW Sensors Capability team, you will be responsible for developing EW Sensor product strategy, matching products and technologies with customer needs, defining the future product roadmaps, managing the company PV investment into related products and technologies, and providing technical support to business winning and industrial partnering activities.
This is the opportunity to drive a specific area within a world-leading defence company.
- Definition of the product strategy for the RF EW Sensor product lines
- Develop the roadmaps, product plans and business cases for current and future EW Sensor products
- Define and manage the Company investment plans for EW Sensor products & services
- Work as part of a team shaping business and technical relationships with key International Partners
- Work with the Chief Technologist to ensure the Applied Research programme provides the technology to underpin the product strategy in the required timescales
- Contribute to business development activities as a key member of the team, leading in the creation of the technical solution during bid preparation and customer engagement
- Support the Sales organisation in assessing markets, the competitive landscape, future key customers and securing new business through technical intimacy with customers
- Provide specialist technical advice on RF EW Sensor products and technologies
- Chairing Solution Reviews to ensure the customer value proposition is optimised and the solution is consistent with Leonardo product strategy
- Collaborate across the organisation to facilitate and support cross-organisation business opportunities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Degree educated, or equivalent, with career experience in the defence industry and a track record of building effective relationships with customers and partners. A strong background in RF EW system design and/or operation is highly desirable, as is a background in product development or product management. Equally important is the ability to provide leadership and strategic vision for the RF EW Sensor product lines of the future and having a passion for working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and customers to develop the best solutions possible.
The following attributes are highly desirable:
- Successful track record delivering technical leadership and strategic vision
- A keen business acumen, able to identify and develop business opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with Customers within the Defence sector
- Experience in Business Development activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative with the ability to think laterally