Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join a world-leading Defence and Aerospace company.
This exciting and demanding role will be directly supporting new project development in a number of Military Airborne applications sector within the Combat Air Business, ensuring quality is driven in at the front end of the design and maintained through the product Lifecycle.
Role holders will manage their own work with limited supervision and resolve problems and queries, possibly by managing others to achieve objectives. The holder may contribute to customer and vendor aspects, working within quality planning and participating in non-conformance, corrective action and continuous improvement as a specialist in these area’s:
- Knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle, preferably within a aerospace / defence engineering company
- Normally working and training with Senior or Principal Product Assurance Engineers and Product Assurance Team Leads.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute in delivering Software to Specification and Internal / Customer Requirements.
- Supporting the business processes by undertaking specialist quality work self-sufficiently, such as
- Software Lifecycle Reviews including Software Requirement s (SSR), Design (PDR/CDR), Code, Test (TRR) and Release
- Software Configuration Management including Software CCBs
- Auditing including FCA/PCAs
- Witnessing Formal Software Testing
- Product Release
- Plan and prioritise own activities and may coordinate team activities to ensure specific instructions are completed and time is utilised effectively.
- Analyse and communicate data to support the understanding of information and decision making.
- Take ownership of and solve complex problems and enquiries without supervision to ensure satisfaction of internal or external customers and business improvement.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Detailed knowledge of specific software processes and detailed understanding of the business area.
- Able to demonstrate a range of administrative and organisation skills.
- Thorough, practical knowledge of a number of relevant processes and procedures e.g. Mil Std-2167A or -498, Def Stan 05-95, AQAP 150 or 2210, DO-178B or C.
- Knowledge and experience of software tools e.g. Requirements management, Configuration
- Management, Test, Code Coverage and Static Analysis.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to challenges on Software Quality Assurance issues.