Senior Commercial Officer
We have an exciting opportunity has for a Senior Commercial Officer to play an important role in the development of a current global leader in the Aerospace and Defence industry.
This role will contribute to existing contracts as well as potential for new relationships with an interesting portfolio of products and services in the UK, US and world wide markets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drafting, negotiating and administration of complex terms and conditions of contract, working with Procurement to ensure appropriate flow down to subcontractors.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding
- Providing commercial support and administration to projects and/or contracts, including change control management, monitoring performance of its contractual obligations and management of commercial risk
- Support the IPT to produce accurate and compliant customer pricing by applying the appropriate pricing strategy and model to cost estimates
- Representing the Commercial function and Leonardo through unsupervised attendance at customer /supplier meetings
- Preparing proposals for submission to Customers in conjunction with the preparation of internal documentation required to obtain bid approval
- Ensuring that commercial and business processes and procedures are adhered to and that associated internal approvals are in place in line with delegated authorities.
- Performance of complex assignments requiring cross functional collaboration without supervision
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers to deliver the value to the company
- Work as an integral member of the Integrated Project Team to support the winning of new business and the management and delivery of current contracts
- Managing own workload, highlighting areas of conflict or priority
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Understanding of basic business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Understanding of export legislation, import taxes and duties
- Understanding of contract law and its application.
- Ability to identify and understand commercial risks
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentations skills.
- Proactive, tenacious, results driven
- Ability to work unsupervised at times and sometimes with virtual project teams
- A desire to learn and improve self (including using the Corporate IACCM membership for self-development)
Qualifications and skills:
- Degree, professional qualification and/or significant domain experience
- Ability to promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
- A familiarity with SAP and its functionality is desirable