Position – Regulatory Engineer
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £25.00 per hour PAYE contract
Location – Motherwell, Scotland
Hours – 8am – 5:15pm Mon – Thurs and an earlier finish of 1pm on a Friday
Start – ASAP ?
Industry – Engineering
The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking is the new UK product marking for certain goods being placed on the UK market. In continues to be developed and in current amends 38 product safety and metrology measures to correct deficiencies in UK legislation which came about due to Brexit.
The objective of the UKCA mark is to ensure there is no reduction in product safety or accuracy or consumer protections.
Most products which are currently covered by the CE marking will fall within the scope of the new UKCA marking (this includes products that fall within the scope of the EMC, Low Voltage, Radio Equipment, Pressure Equipment, Measuring Instruments and Gas Appliance directives).
As such, if the product is in conformity with CE, it will be in conformity with UKCA pending Notified Body requirements.
1. To support the activities and tasks with regards to UKCA Marking clients products.
2. To ensure all clients products placed on the UK Market are in full conformity with UK Product Legislation.
3. To support CE Marking and conformity tasks and activities.
4. To support Certification of clients Products as required by UK Legislation.
• Ideally Bachelors of Engineering or equivalent
• Ideally Six Sigma Green Belt
A. Minimum 3 years’ experience of CE Conformity, procedures and processes.
B. Working knowledge of NLF LVD, EMC and RED.
C. Ideally a working knowledge of NLF GAR, PED and MID
D. An understanding of UKCA is beneficial.
E. Ideally previous membership of CEN, CENELEC and or ETSI Working Groups.
F. Certification of products with KIWA, CNPP, ANPI, VdS, INCERT and IMQ.
G. Fluent English both written and spoken.
Pay rate – £18 – £25 p/h (PAYE) dependent upon experience
Start date – ASAP
Hours – TBC but it will be something like 8am – 5:15pm Mon – Thurs and an earlier finish of 1pm on a Friday