Buyer / Planner
Due to an exciting period of growth, our site in Yeovil is looking for a Principal ISC Project Management Specialist.
What will you be doing every day?
• IPT (Integrated Product Team) Sourcing and Procurement focal for assigned development programs
• Influence and direct Sourcing & Procurement personnel to ensure needs of program are met;
• Escalation point of contact for assigned programs for all sourcing needs, including cost, quality, and delivery.
• Report out to sourcing leadership on program status.
• Manage IPDS (integrated product development system) phase gate deliverables for Sourcing and
• Procurement and ensure completion on time.
• Translate sourcing strategies into actionable plans at a program level and translate program needs back into sourcing strategies.
• Plan and manage sourcing activities for input into Program HMR (Honeywell Master Record) and IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) and the Honeywell Accolade data-base
• Coordinate closure of any MRL (Manufacturing Readiness Levels) requirements for sourcing and procurement.
• Coordinate with cross-functional team to support triage activities, which includes support of core/non-core, make/buy, build-to-print versus build-to specification, and critical/non-critical part identification
• Lead all aspects of ESE (Early Supplier Engagement) for identified critical parts on each assigned program
• Facilitate design reviews with suppliers for buy parts
• Coordinate with Procurement and supplier contracting teams to ensure that parts on selected programs are awarded and contracted to preferred suppliers, and purchase orders place to meet program requirements.
• Lead all Long Term Contract (LTC) Addition activities with Global Sourcing for ESE parts and as required by each IPDS Phase gate.
• Produce and report sourcing metrics to teams and flawless launch portal. Ensure all metrics meet goals.
• Develop RAILs, track completion status, and escalate as necessary to eliminate barriers to performance.
• Perform Purchase Hardware Coordination for development hardware for the program effort including escalation to procurement groups for action and travel to supplier to engage and resolve issues
• Coordinate with Sourcing, AME (Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering) and Engineering to escalate and resolve delivery or technical performance issues with purchased parts
• Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, AME and Procurement to ensure all buy parts meet program UPC and/or should cost targets
• Monitor Supplier APQP requirements.
• Coordinate Production Rate Readiness (PRR’s) with suppliers
• Support the cross-functional team in relation to the development of the AT0033 – the Bill of Material (BoM)
• Develop, Report, Manage the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for NPI Sourcing
• Develop, Report, Manage the Free of Charge Hardware (FOCH) for NPI Sourcing
• Develop, Report, Manage Cash Contribution for NPI Sourcing
• Interface, daily with global sourcing teams
• Facilitate ‘Should Costs’ with AME and the should cost teams
• Support the global Government Compliance team in support of US military platforms
• Compliance to Honeywell standard sourcing processes; Request for Quote, Information, Proposal etc, e-Auctions, NPS (New Product Sourcing) Contracts working with global teams, Sourcing, Commodity Managers and legal ahead of Contract placement.
• Be responsible for all NPS contracts being agreed on all ESE parts
• Facilitate appropriately signed Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) to protect Honeywell products and technical proprietary information
• Be responsible for all Restart programmes; Obsolesce Management, ability to read drawings across the range of commodities and find new sources of supply as required
• Solid experience of procurement and sourcing in an engineering/manufacturing capacity
• Ability to read drawings, specifications, help develop Statements of Work and shape and guide critical design reviews as the key stakeholders
• Proven skills in project management, and hands on experience
• Strong communication and influencing skills, in particular doing so with remote teams
• Familiarity with SAP would be advantageous
• Comfortable and used to working to tight deadlines
• Legal awareness of Contract formation and acceptance
• Proven demonstrable negotiation skills with key stakeholders; and examples of doing so under pressure
• Be an organised individual, with strong methodical tendencies
• Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
• The skills to persuade and influence others
• Inherent ability to inspire, motivate people through new and exciting targets
• To work in support of cash contribution targets from the supply chain
Full compliance to Honeywell standard working.
£30 per hour pay rate PAYE