We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Engineer to play an integral role within a world-leading Aerospace and Defence company. The Chief Engineer will work as part of a multi-disciplined project team in close partnership with the Integrated Product Team Lead, the Project Engineering Manager and other key stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leading the technical interface with The Authority with regards to solution architecture, design and performance
- To own the technical solution and be the System Design Authority for all phases of projects within the IPT by working effectively with all external and internal stakeholders
- Understanding the overall system level requirements and their subsequent derived requirements for flow down to the sub-contractors
- Ensure the products are compliant with the Customer’s performance requirements, and effectively liaise with the Authority around any potential gaps and what that translates to in terms of overall performance
- Reviewing and approving the completion of the integration, verification, validation and qualification results against the Systems requirements
- Ensure robust quality, performance, cost and time trade-offs are undertaken and then establish a technical solution coherent with the agreed budgets and timescales.
- Provide direction, control, evaluation and recommendations with respect to technical risks and opportunities
- Manage and communicate issues to senior management
- Ensure product safety and compliance with legislative and contractual requirements
- Lead the technical input to internal and external design reviews and compliance with the Company’s approach to life cycle management
- Ensure a strategy for requirements matched to traceable evidence is set in place and executed
- Lead and mentor the technical team to enable a cost effective design programme and production solution results
- Act as the responsible product design signatory for the product area signing Certificates of Design as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You really must have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
- Experience in producing and developing innovative Electronic system solutions particularly within the Radar and EW domains
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programme timescales.
- Sound understanding of CONOPS analysis, Requirements Management and System Design Process
- Self-motivated leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction
- DAOS certified or ability to gain certification within a short time of taking up the role.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of working with Requirements, Test Qualification and Acceptance strategies
- Experience of managing Design Standards and the associated Configuration Management
- Experience in gaining Design Certification and Customer Acceptance
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Chartered engineer / member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)