Lead Software Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join the growing Electronic Warfare (EW) business within a world leading Aerospace and Defence company, leading the development and delivery of world leading EW solutions across a variety of platforms.
You will lead a team of engineers ensuring delivery of the right technical solution at the right time for the right cost. To support this, you will take a pivotal role in supporting the development of others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will deliver planning and technical leadership and create a culture of personal development, progression and high performance for your software team.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the planned activities align with producing an appropriate technical solution to cost, quality and budget.
- You will understand the project future needs and work with the function to define and implement strategies for recruitment, development, tooling, technologies and process.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
People with a passion for developing and leading others to deliver complex, cutting-edge software solutions to a variety of platforms.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and a desire to learn and share knowledge with others. In addition, you will be expected to have some of the following:
- Extensive Real Time Embedded development experience ideally using a Real Time OS (RTOS).
- Some experience of architecting Real Time Embedded software solutions.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Experience of leading software development to quality, cost and budget
- Knowledge of the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up to date with relevant technologies, methodologies and personal development.
- Support the development and enhancement of business processes by evaluating technologies, developing processes and supporting best-practice.
- Actively contribute to sharing knowledge and developing others