Senior Project Quality Engineer (SQA)
Are you a highly motivated Quality Engineer? Want to be a part of a world-leading Aerospace, Defence and Security organisation? Read on…
This Senior Project Quality Engineer (SQA) position will support Integrated Project Teams in identifying, scoping and implementing tangible Improvement Opportunities in the Supply Chain. The selected candidate will be responsible for achieving quality performance for strategic suppliers that produce a wide range of components for the Defence Electronics and Manufacturing industry.
What you will do:
- The identification and implementation of IPT Improvement opportunities within the External Supply Chain
- Ensure Supply Chain risks and opportunities are identified, mitigated and exploited as required.
- Ensure compliance to AS9100 Revision D with particular emphasis on the Process Effectiveness (PEAR) requirements and joint assessments.
- The identification and delivery of internal Procurement Improvement opportunities in order to support both delivery and cost benefits.
- The implementation of Supplier Failure Review Boards in order to drive IPT Improvement opportunities.
- Support the implementation of the Supplier Surveillance Plan to maintain the strategic and proactive approach to Supply Chain management.
- Support, as required, Generic Capability Reviews in the External Supply Chain.
- Support, as required, all adhoc Procurement and External Supply issues.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree [or equivalent] in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing or experience in Defence Electronics or similarly “complex” industry.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in Governance, AS9100 / ISO9001 and Continuous improvement.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes (IPC trained preferable)
- Experience of producing key Quality/ Supply Chain metrics to support the analytical approach to continuous improvement.
- Experience of working within a Project Team Environment.
- Experience of proactive management of Non Conformance within the External Supply Chain.
- Experience of deploying various Tools and Techniques i.e. APQP, PPAP, 8D, PFMEAs, Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications,
- Familiar with Procurement disciplines within the Defence Electronics and Manufacturing industry.
- Awareness of contributing factors such as regulatory requirements for the External Supply Chain.
- Ability to identify and deliver change programs in the External Supply Chain.
- Able to demonstrate a range of organisational skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Experience of quality auditing, including Supply Chain auditing. (preferably Lead Audit trained)
- Computer literate, ability to use, review and interrogate data held on the management system (SAP).
- Communication skills, ability to deliver detailed information to customers at all levels within the business (e.g. attend high-level meetings, delivering concise presentations)