Principal Test Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Principal Test Systems Engineer for a world leading defence sector client. If this is up your street, please read on!
Main Purpose of the Job
The design, development and through-life support of electro-optical test equipment and test processes for the company’s range of Infrared detectors, from initial product development through to volume production.
As part of the test engineering team the engineer will be involved in the specification, design, procurement, manufacture, verification and evaluation of test equipment with supporting documentation, delivered to agreed budget and timescales.
What you will do
Interpretation of product test requirements in order to:
- Define a test strategy and plan
- Define a test system
- Generate work packages and estimate the cost to deliver said plan across multiple functions
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering/Physics (or equivalent)
- Experience of one or more of the following areas: Electrical test, Semiconductor physics, Electro-optics, Cryogenics and Vacuum technology
- Ability to assimilate and apply technical information to design tasks and to problem solving
- Ability to validate and qualify new mechanical designs under different environmental conditions
- Practical ‘hands on’ laboratory test, diagnostic and measurement experience, including electro-optical instrumentation
- Demonstrate evidence of good organisation, planning and execution of work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work closely in a team with other engineering and science disciplines
- Good Communication and customer liaison skills
- Test Software Experience, C++, LabView or similar
- Experience of soldering surface mount components
- Experience of mechanical design
- Experience of using industry standard ECAD tools
- Experience of test solutions in the Analogue and Digital domain
- Understanding of how the operating environment influences the design
Generation, co-ordination and execution of work packages, from bid through to project completion, to cost, quality and time, with appropriate level of procedural governance
Build, commissioning and verification of new test solutions
Development testing of product with an understanding of environmental stress screening and production lifespan
Preparation of technical documentation including user instructions
Support to test system related issues in production and investigation of route cause of detector faults returned from the field.