Technical Sales Manager – Marine Electronics
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person with a technical sales back ground to straddle both technical and commercial fields within a fast moving and exciting global company.
Your role will be to develop sales relationship with marine electronics companies around the world to use my client’s product lines.
The role is a ‘soft sell’ sales role whereby you will consult and support customers in their path to integrating my client’s solutions within their products or application. You will be required to respond to new enquiries and provide guidance on how to best make use of products, including in some cases assistance with system engineering to enable integration of devices within a product or larger installation. You will be required to liaise with product managers of existing customers to help them expand the use of products within their products and introduce new company products. This will require commercial acumen as well as technical ability and understanding of company products.
The role will require:
- Liaison with existing customers, providing a first point of contact for all issues and technical questions.
- A deep and thorough understanding the technical aspects of communication protocols, systems and products in order to identify and discuss new applications for products with customers.
- Ability to work with customers as their AIS expert and provide high level system engineering and integration guidance
- Identify new applications for products and introduce these to customers to drive demand for OEM and Module products.
- A pro-active approach to developing customer relationships.
- Willingness to travel globally.
- Previous experience of product management or sales of a technical product.
- A good understanding of electronics / integration.
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally, clearly and precisely.
- Ability to explain and present complex systems, products and functionality clearly and simply.
- Ability to understand and empathise with different cultures.
- Commercial acumen.
- A self starter who is highly pro-active and inquisitive.