Principal Systems Engineer (EO)
This Systems Engineering vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to lead teams, develop and grow their skills and knowledge within a thriving organisation.
Candidates with a good understanding of all aspects of Systems Engineering relating to lifecycle processes and methodologies should apply. Specific experience in assessing concept options and performing trade-off analysis with experience delivering technology demonstrator solutions is key to this role.
What you will do:
- Technical lead for the Electro-optic sensor concept scoping and assessment leading to a technical demonstrator
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions.
- Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation.
- Through practical adoption of model-based systems engineering and model-driven engineering techniques, operate as a focal point for the development of systems through all stages of the lifecycle in conjunction with the other involved engineering disciplines.
- Maintaining an organised record of project related decisions, capture of specification and design artefacts as appropriate for each stage in the engineering lifecycle, risks, actions & opportunities. Where practical, this will be naturally integrated within the model-based approaches adopted.
- Adherence to, and participation within Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews.
What we are looking for:
- Experience leading multifunctional teams
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of concept requirements through to acceptance testing
- Previous experience working with Electro-Optical Systems, CCTV/thermal imaging.
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with, and define work for, other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Conducting, analysing and reporting of qualification testing to support design certification
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
- Familiarity with Architectural Frameworks e.g. MODAF, TOGAF
- Previous experience working with communication systems
- Previous experience working with missile systems
- Experience working on Bids & Proposals
- Knowledge of military and international specifications and standards
- Awareness and interest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology