Head of Operational Excellence –
Head of Operational Excellence – Part Remote
A technology leader within their field are growing fast and are looking for someone to drive their operations towards the goal of world-class manufacturing, encompassing international operations, supply chain, planning, quality and returns management.
The role requires an operations professional, with senior level experience ideally in electronics or light engineering manufacturing. A solid track record of driving change to achieve measurable improvements is essential.
This is a new position with a broad brief to bring about significant improvements in all aspects of our operations and to extend our footprint internationally with distribution and service centres in N America, the EU and Asia Pacific as well as new premises for our UK base.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of improvements in areas such as workplace organisation, continuous quality improvement, systems implementation, site relocation and international operations.
The ideal candidate would tick several of the below boxes:
- Working with team managers to drive improvements across all aspects of the businesses operations: lead-times, efficiency, planning, costs, quality, returns
- management, systems, performance indicators
- Relocating to new larger premises within 6-12 months
- Creating international centres for stock holding, system configuration, repairs and calibration
- Deputising for the COO and taking responsibility for operational functions as required
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior role with responsibility for production in an electronics, manufacturing or engineering business.
- Track record of measurable improvements in operational performance.
- Degree-level qualification in an operations or engineering subject.
- Excellent ability to analyse and act upon performance data
- Thorough understanding of quality systems such as ISO9000.
- Ability to operate at a highly detailed level while keeping an eye on the “big picture”.
- Credibility to command the respect and cooperation of team managers.
- Energy and enthusiasm and an ability to cope with changeable and challenging demands.
- Experience with Odoo or a similarly scaled ERP system.
- Experience of electronics and light mechanical manufacturing.
- Experience in markets with tight deadlines and unpredictable demand