Supply Chain Manager – Electronics / Manufacturing – London
An ambitious technology leader within their field are growing fast and are looking for someone to take control of their supply chain: planning, purchasing and materials management.
The role would suit an ambitious supply chain professional, ideally with SME experience in electronics or light engineering manufacturing. The company offer a competitive remuneration and the enjoyment of working with a great team at an exciting time in our company’s development.
The challenge is to make significant improvements in our materials planning, procurement and inventory management in an environment where demand is difficult to forecast and customer expectations are for a fast response. We are looking for a robust strategy for improvements in cost, lead-time, security of supply and on-time delivery while ensuring optimum use of our working capital.
A key aspect of the role is to develop our systems for purchasing and inventory management. A knowledge of Odoo or similarly-scaled ERP systems would be very useful. You will be managing a small team with annual spend of £5-7m working in an ISO9000 accredited organisation.
The ideal candidate would tick a number of the below boxes:
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing or supply chain management in electronics, manufacturing or engineering businesses.
- Track record of improvements in cost, lead-time, on-time delivery and supplier quality.
- Experience of negotiating supplier agreements with SLAs.
- Experience with materials planning, ideally in a fast-moving environment.
- HNC or higher qualification in an operations, business or administration subject.
- Advanced user of Excel.
- Experience of operating with a quality controlled environment such as ISO9000.
- Attention to detail, focus, and determination to achieve agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work well with busy teams among conflicting priorities.
- Energy and enthusiasm and an ability to cope with fast-moving, changeable demands.
- Experience with Odoo or a similarly scaled ERP system.
- Experience of purchasing electronics and light mechanical components and of electronics subcontractors.
- Experience in transport infrastructure, construction or other markets with demanding deadlines.
- Understanding of legal aspects of commercial contracts.
If you would like to know more about this Supply Chain Manager role then please send me your CV!