Civils Package Manager
Job Title: 10 Dock Package Manager
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Business Unit: Strategic Infrastructure
Overall Department Direction
The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
The roles sit within the 10 Dock Astute 25 Project. Currently there are vacancies for Package Managers and Senior Project Engineers in the Civil Structures project teams. These offer significant project delivery challenges and present excellent development opportunities.
Main Purpose of Role
• The role will be responsible for key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
• Facilitate, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
• Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
• Forecasting of costs and monitor and report against budget.
• Stakeholder management and communications and to support development of stakeholder.
• Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
Demonstrable experience in a Project Management position, ideally with delivery in a Nuclear Licensed Site environment.
• Minimum of HNC/HND (Degree preferred) in a relevant engineering discipline.
• APM project management qualification (or equivalent).
• Risk Assessor Approvers Training (desirable).
• Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training (desirable).
This role is based at Devonport Royal Dockyard which is located in the vibrant city of Plymouth, Devon in the south west of England. Plymouth is a city with a long and proud military history and more than its fair share of heritage. There is something for everyone here; from a superb coastline if you are a water sports enthusiast or Dartmoor National Park if you enjoy hiking and climbing, or simply enjoy the fantastic scenery.