C++ Software Engineer – Entertainment Industry
We’re on the hunt for a skilled Software Engineer with knowledge of coding in C++ to join an established client in the entertainment industry.
The role will be based in West London, however a significant level of remote-working is offered to the successful candidate. You will work on software for things such as lighting controllers, video processing devices and motion control systems. The medium-sized team are enthusiastic and tight-knit, and love to hear from candidates with outside interests in areas like live entertainment, music etc.
Aside from C++, skills of particular interest include Qt toolkit experience, Python and experience of working on a physical product. The most important thing however, is your interest in the field and genuine desire to tackle complex problems as part of a team. A strong related degree is desirable, but my client understands that university isn’t right for everyone.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design and implement software for entertainment industry systems
- Contribute to technical product specifications with consideration to client/market requirements
- Take ownership of specific product features, and work with the team to provide regular development updates
- Help out in the leadership of more junior developers where appropriate, performing code reviews and supporting when possible
- C++ development experience
- A genuine interest in applying software design to tackle complex problems
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work as part of an enthusiastic team
- Knowledge of the Qt framework
- Knowledge of Git or Gerrit version control
- Experience of TCP/IP networking
- Enthusiasm for live entertainment, music or cinema