Project Engineering Manager
Are you a highly motivated and self-starting Project Engineering Manager (PEM) with drive and overarching co-ordination skills? We are looking for you to support the delivery of a number of support programmes within the Customer Support and Service Solutions (CS3) line of business within a world leading Aerospace and Defence company.
Here’s what you will do
- Agree, maintain, manage and report on the overall engineering plan for each project, establishing key performance measures, milestones and interdependencies
- Deliver the overall engineering solutions on time, to cost and quality
- Own the engineering estimation and resourcing requirements for the delivery of all engineering solutions, feeding these into the demand and supply reviews
- Manage all engineering resources deployed on the projects, ensuring that roles and objectives are clearly defined
- Manage the interface between engineering and other functions, establishing and maintaining good lines of communication across the Integrated Project Team
- Develop good working relationships with customers, as well as suppliers to ensure an open and collaborative project environment
- Work closely with the project design authority and subject matter experts to resolve technical issues and customer queries
- Work closely with the appointed safety, security and Design Integrity authorities to ensure that the delivered technical solutions will meet the performance, contractual and legislative requirements (and within the defined / agreed constraints)
- Manage the technical risks and opportunities, including any associated mitigation strategies
- Ensure effective implementation of the design maturity review process
- Be responsible for all engineering aspects of the monthly Project Performance Reviews
- Ensure that project configuration, quality and change management are implemented on the project
What we are looking for:
You should have:
- Proven experience of leadership of technical programmes, driving technical delivery alongside team management to create a high-performing team environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally, and to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, across multiple sites.
- A proven track record of working effectively with suppliers and customers in the UK and overseas
- Proven experience and knowledge of lifecycle management, risk management, project execution and business processes.
- Self-motivation with a strong aptitude for problem solving and decision-making within projects involving complexity and uncertainty
- A proactive approach with a “can do” attitude, striving for continuous improvement, effectiveness and efficiency.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience of working in the defence electronics sector
- Knowledge about defence-based support contracts
- Working knowledge of commercial and procurement aspects of project execution