MIP Senior Planning Engineer
Key Skills and Knowledge
Candidates will need to be experienced in the use of Primavera planning software to produce resourced / costed programmes and also have experience of Design, Procurement & Construction/Commissioning Planning (i.e. full project lifecycle)
• Develop/implement and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS)
• Develop/baseline and maintain the Project integrated schedule. (Level 1-3)
• Ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the companies financial and material demand toolset. This includes alignment of any Level 4/5 schedules.
• Regular status updates of the integrated schedule and the provision of metrics (eg critical path/total float) and schedule analysis of the impact to the project.
• Resource/cost loaded schedules to inform the IBP and also to provide financial status of the project.
• Proficient in the process for developing , baselining and monitoring of an integrated schedule to inform the direction of the project.
• Proficient in the process of identifying and scheduling the resources (people/facilities/materials etc..) required to implement the programme.
• Competent in gathering independent evidence that the information from projects and/or programmes is valid and are likely to achieve their aims.
• Competent in the appropriate adoption of specific frameworks and methodologies for the management of integrated schedules and tailoring of these.
• Competent in the systemic identification and analysis of stakeholders , and the planning and conduct of interactions to engage and communicate with them.
• Competent in the organisational and project specific processes, standards and guidelines for the governance of projects, including the process of initiation, review, handover and close out.
• Can explain how their behaviours contribute to the achievement of the team
• Can explain how their wider team contributes to the business unit
• Takes appropriate decisions based on an informed judgement which may impact on others
• Supports team to deliver excellent customer service
• Solves more complex problems which may affect others
• Maintains commitment to deliver results, against their own and teams responsibilities, even when difficulties arise
• Regularly review work processes and practices to identify and implement improvements
• Supports and guides others to adapt to change
• Demonstrates commitment to team & shared goals by co-operating with others
• Undertakes development of own skills to ensure that they can achieve role demands
• Supports the delivery of the teams’ objectives
• Experience working within the Engineering Industry
• Knowledge/understanding of Dockside Services / Facilities
• Proficient in the application of Project Management Tools and how they are utilised throughout the Project Lifecycle
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio