Lead Firmware Engineer
Would you like to work on systems for Fast Jets, Helicopters & Drones, in the Defence and Aerospace Industry? Designing complex digital FPGA based systems that form part of self-protection systems for these platforms.
You will work with the support of some of the most skilled people in their field , using world-class tools & facilities to deliver Firmware architectures that meet challenging future customer requirements for self-protection systems.
This role may even take you across the UK or abroad for technical reviews.
Due to the nature of our work, you must have 5 years UK residency
In addition you must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance with access to UK Eyes Only and ITAR export control information.
What we are looking for:
You will typically have an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
We need someone with considerable experience designing Firmware architecture using FPGA technologies and tools from either Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi (Actel). Experience of fast interfaces such as PCIe, Ethernet, JESDC is also required.
- You need to be able to use advanced verification techniques such as VHDL or System Verilog/UVM; familiarity with Model Based Engineering using Matlab and Simulink tools is also an advantage
- Your analysis of system level requirements allows you to derive detailed Firmware requirements.
- You then follow a methodical approach to the full firmware design lifecycle, working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar.
- We need you to have the confidence and experience to steer the Firmware aspects of any design and to provide technical knowledge, mentoring and assistance to other engineers as required.
- Providing budget, cost and schedule input to proposals and chairing design reviews and assessments are also part of this role.
- We will support your personal development with training and help you to work towards professional accreditation if you wish.
- We work in a modern, flexible environment, and will accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.