Original Limited – Electronic Design Engineer
Electronic Design Engineer, Shrewsbury, up to £45,000
We have a great opportunity to work for an industry leading Automotive Engineering company that currently design and develop a range of products that integrate into differing market sectors globally.
Our aims and objectives are to create innovative solutions for our blue-ship customer base. Having now expanded into the sector of Electric Vehicle Charge Systems this has created the role for a highly skilled & highly motivated Electronics Engineer, someone who can apply their skills & think outside the box.
- Responsibility for product electronic designs and prototyping.
- PCB design and layout and fault find
- Firmware in C
- Producing necessary assembly files
- Producing project scope documentation
- Producing and testing prototypes
- Develop test solutions to problems to ensure product quality
- Understanding, compile and managing hardware design through to external suppliers
- Leading the qualification, test, and requirements management aspects of physical design, including EMC and radio performance etc
Your skill set will include elements of the following
- Analogue and digital Electronic Hardware Design
- Power electronics dealing with ~10kW systems
- PCB layout (Altium or similar)
- Embedded firmware skills in C
- Proven project management skills
- Self-motivated to work with minimal supervision
- A knowledge of compliance – CE, FCC etc
- Knowledge of CAN bus networks, ideally SAE J1939
- An understanding of design for EMC
- RF communications knowledge