Test Manager (Radio Systems / Consumer Electronics)
My client is a technology company who make vehicle tracking systems which combine satellite positioning systems and VHF radio data communication in order for the purposes of collision avoidance. It is used to augment technologies such as electronic displays and RADAR.
This is a new role – it is an exciting opportunity to for the right candidate to define and drive test strategy for its world leading range of vehicle transceiver products.
Product quality and customer experience are critical for my client’s success, so they must rigorously testing their products to ensure they meet these goals. The work combines complex embedded real time software with high performance radio electronics built into robust enclosures to withstand the harshest environments. It is imperative that product testing considers all possible use cases to ensure the products are reliable and our customers are exceptionally satisfied.
You will manage the testing of these complex systems, using a range of manual and automated approaches. You will manage a team of test engineers performing functional and non-functional validation testing and coordinate with other departments in test activities. You will also be responsible for developing best testing practices, by advocating new methods and tools throughout the team.
- Working closely with Senior Management and internal teams to propose and agree the overall testing strategy.
- Involvement with product requirement definition from the concept through to design and implementation, ensuring design for testability is considered and test strategies and capabilities are put in place for future products.
- Development of test cases to ensure full external, internal and customer requirements are met.
- Liaising with the Customer Support Team to clearly understand how our customers use our products and gain a deep insight into how our products should perform, providing constructive feedback to the Development teams.
- You will lead the testing of these complex systems, using a range of manual and automated approaches. You will manage a team of test engineers performing functional and non-functional validation testing and coordinate with other departments in test activities. You will also be responsible for developing best testing practices, by advocating new methods and tools throughout the team.
- As a senior member of staff, you will be responsible for the mentoring and personal development of the existing test engineers.
- Closely support the day-to-day activities of the Test Team ensuring they are focused and driven to deliver products with unsurpassed performance and reliability.
- Provide constructive and detailed feedback for the Development teams and contribute to initiatives to improve hardware and software quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Leading initiatives to introduce automated and/or customised testing tools and managing any external suppliers to deliver such tools, where necessary.
- Identifying and managing outsourced testing services, where beneficial.
- Integration and verification of hardware and software builds, bringing together deliverables.
- Producing high quality candidate release documentation, and in conjunction with the Customer Support Team, end user documentation for the products.
- A deep appreciation of how customers use products, and the ability to quickly build a comprehensive understanding of the use cases of the company products.
- A strong technical understanding of radio electronics products and experience of radio testing techniques and tools.
- Extensive experience of environmental testing, experience with marine equipment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working with technical standards documents.
- My client is a fast paced, rapidly growing company and it is essential that the successful candidate has the determination, experience, and abilities to deliver products of the best possible quality in such an environment.
- Experience of automated test tools and strategies and the ability to convince internal stakeholders about the benefits such tools could bring to the company.
- Educated to degree level in Engineering, Computing, Maths, or a relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior test role.
- Ability to work independently and within an established team.
- Able to bring additional expertise and skills in specific areas.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Energy and driveability to self-motivate and see projects through to completion.
- Confident, proactive, adaptable, and ready to take on the challenges of a highly competitive and successful brand.
- Self-starter with a professional and mature working attitude.
- Ensure compliance and adhere to Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality policies and procedures.
Please send your CV ASAP – urgent!