BJSS – Azure Platform Engineer – Ref 736849
Would you like to work for a business where innovation is at the heart of everything they do?
Use the latest technology to solve complex business problems?
Work alongside talented engineers and push the boundaries with technology.
We’re looking for proactive problem solvers with strong stakeholder management skills who can communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation, and will be credible in front of business and technology stakeholders.
We are looking for highly skilled platform engineers who have a deep understanding of the Azure ecosystem to join our expanding delivery team in London, you will work on challenging and exciting digital programmes with a variety of customers across all industries.
As an Azure Platform Engineer you will work in small Agile squads that consist of Architects, Developers, Designers, Analysts and Product Owners to deliver automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure.
A Platform Engineer works primarily within a project team with the following responsibilities:
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project.
- Managing, supporting, maintaining and improving the project’s infrastructure, automation, continuous integration system and application release process
- Acting as a bridge between operations and development teams
Skills and Knowledge:
- Designing, deploying and managing cloud environments in Azure
- Some exposure to containerisation, ideally Docker and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools – Terraform, ARM Templates, Helm or Pulumi
- Experience with CI/CD tools, ideally Azure DevOps, TFS or Jenkins
- Strong scripting experience with any of the following – PowerShell, AZ CLI, Python, Bash or Ruby
- Configuration Management experience – DSC, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack or Ansible
- A background in software programming will be highly beneficial but not an essential requirement.
If you are keen to understand more about this position, please contact Dave Macpherson at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.